Posts Tagged alexa chung
“Shaky hands. Less caffeine more naps.”
Call me the eye of the tiger..or maybe tigers I should say because I have 12. Two on my face, of course, and 10 on my fingers. I can’t believe I actually did this tonight, but Alexa Chung inspired me to paint my nails like hers. Here are some pictures of the infamous eye nails she has had for a while now. They were actually inspired by “Topshop Unique S/S ’12 show where models sported nail guru Sophy Robson’s hieroglyphic design first.” (via Heatworld)
Now some of you ladies might think this is creepy but honestly, I think it is a dope idea. I’m all about creativity and doing things outside the box. I love how Chung always maintains to be girly, with a comfort twist, and throws something random in her appearance.
This is what I did to my nails, in only 30 minutes. But make sure that all the layers dry before applying different coats on top of each other. I’m sure we all ladies know this from experience…
1. Select four colors to work with, including the base layer color (serving as the background), the defining outliner (preferably a dark color with a small, thin brush), the iris color (any color will work), and the sclera (white or a light pearly color).
2. Paint one layer of the base color on your nails.
3. Use the white (or any sclera color you prefer) to make an egg shaped form on the middle of your nail. It does not have to be perfect, but make sure it is not too big because the eyeliner and lashes won’t have room to fit on the nail.
4. After this layer dries, define the eye by using the dark color and outlining the eye and forming the eyelashes. Try to stay even, although I couldn’t manage. :p
5. Use the iris color to make a small dot in the middle of the sclera. PLEASE make sure it dries.
6. Make a small dot with the dark nail polish in the middle of th iris…and VOILA. 12 eyes are better than two.
I can’t wait to show my classmates or better yet for them to notice my eyes looking at them all during class. Haha.
Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
GOD IS LOVE! Show it!
xo_Tima G <3
“I mean, there’s not much to being an It girl. It’s really quite a depressing title to hold.”
- Alexa Chung
Day 2: What did you wear today? / What did you eat?
Favorite oversized button up sweater, OKSTATE tee, American Eagle professional shorts, alternating weave tights, combat boots, and reader lenses. 8)
Johnny Rockets’ BLT…more of a LTC (lettuce, tomato, and cheese. :D)
You all ready for day 3?!?
GOD IS LOVE!
xo_Tima G <3
Mission Statement:: Press Forward...In Fashion, Music, Arts, and Talents. Press Forward in Yourself. Press Forward in Goals and Aspirations. Forget the past, Let go of the hurt, and Rejoice for what the Future has in store. Expect more. Most importantly...
...Press Forward in GOD
- 21 for 21 challenge 30 for 30 photo challenge ACG a chosen generation alexa chung Anger beauty casual outfit christmas coco chanel quote Contest david famous DIY easter sunday Encouragement Fashion fashion blogger Feelings friends Giveaway God's love HAIR Identity Inspiration Inspiration Board interview Interviews israel houghton kanye west kim kardashian life Listening love marriage melody men's fashion missmelovi Music New Year OOTD outfit of the day outfit remix patience peace personal style photo challenge photography Photoshoot prayer press forward prints purpose relationships Respect rihanna role call perfect attendance school outfit selfesteem Selfishness shopping singing Song of the Week Songs Style style icons the spotlight thrifting thrift store haul video waiting weddings women women's fashion womens fashion Word of Encouragement
- Ombre Sensation wp.me/p21hAo-yp 1 year ago
- Stylings of Nonee - New Store wp.me/p21hAo-yE 1 year ago
- Fashion Blogger Featurette: Cortnie from StyleLust Pages wp.me/p21hAo-yd 1 year ago
- Set The Cheetah Free wp.me/p21hAo-xC 1 year ago
- A Floral Transparency wp.me/p21hAo-xo 1 year ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- "..but they some modern day Hellen Kellers; only go by what they feel. Lord help us!" 2 months ago
- @3DTulsa is service online? I'm trying to watch but it isn't working 4 months ago
- CULTURESHOCKCONFERENCE.COM register NOW. Aug. 1st through the 4th. TULSA OK. #CULTURESHOCK 5 months ago
- But happy early birthday to my future trainer, @TiaN_B_PreS . #TurnUp lol. :) love you. 10 months ago
- Actually, I'm kind of sad. That's my 2nd favorite class this semester. 10 months ago